2017-18 Pilot teachers
Planting the seeds to grow the future leaders of tomorrow!
"STEAM instruction is setting my young students up for a continued educational experience that is explorative, meaningful, creativity-enhancing and FUN. As a STEAM teacher, I believe that I am giving students the tools now to approach problems in and out of the classroom with a spirit of resilience, encouraging them to take risks and fail beautifully, growing in knowledge and experience all the more."
- Lauren Seaber
"As a STEAM pilot teacher I am proud to say that I have had one of my most successful years teaching. We have covered more material, gone deeper into it, and made stronger real-world connections this year than ever before in my classes. Yes, I have had access to STEAM resources, coaching and curriculum to enhance what I'm doing; but nothing has been more influential on my growth as a professional than getting to collaborate with the other excellent pilot teachers at HPISD."
- Aaron Cappotelli
- Lauren Seaber: Armstrong Elementary, Kindergarten
- Lara Young: Armstrong Elementary, 1st
- Mary deMarrais: Armstrong Elementary, 2nd
- Ashraf Mobh: Armstrong Elementary, 4th
- Jennifer Christy: Armstrong Elementary, Art
- Kristina Watkins: Armstrong Elementary, Special Ed.
- Jennifer Knagg: Bradfield Elementary, Kindergarten
- Caroline Fischer: Bradfield Elementary, 2nd
- Amber Braud: Hyer Elementary, 4th
- Lindsey Estill: Hyer Elementary, Science Lab
- Katie Moore: University Park Elementary, 3rd
- Debbie Blackwell: MIS, ELA
- Bridget Cappotelli: MIS, Math
- Sarah Beth Uhles: MIS, Math
- Vi An Vo: MIS, Science
- James Jenkins: HPMS, Art & Computer Graphics
- Tara Callahan: HPMS, ELA
- Aaron Cappotell: HPMS, Journalism
- Kristen Cordes: HPMS, Technology
- Heather Smith: HPHS, Art
- Sandra Simmons: HPHS, French
- Gregory Bergeron: HPHS, Math Models & Algebra 1
- Gordon Williamson: HPHS, Science & Engineering
- Jay Ingram: HPHS, Science & Physics
- Jesse Cole: HPHS, Technology & Digital Media
- Johan Ekstrom: HPHS, Technology & Computer Science